The Dirtbomb is now available to pre-order for a £50 deposit. Full price is £600, with the balance payable before the frame is dispatched. The ETA on these is currently Late Feb/early March, though please be aware that Covid may cause a slight delay to this schedule. Please write your choice of colour in the comments section of the checkout. Please see below for full details.
(NB, right click on images and open in a new window for full res pics)
Here comes the Dirtbomb, and it wants your soul. This slice of steel will take you on a joyride so fantabulously exciting you’ll take every other bike you own and throw them heartily in the skip of eternity…
Or to put it simply, the steel Dirtbomb is on its way and should be here in early 2021. The Dirtbomb looks like a klunker, but don’t let that fool you, this is a serious piece of modern rigid trail bike. One size (cos Klunkers only come in one size) which = 18″ seat tube and 625mm ETT. Boost spacing front n rear with full 29+ability, but also a quick turn of the EBB means you can run it with B+ for added chuckability. Basically, build it however the hell you like and then beat it up in the hills, it’ll thank you later. This is the bike in which function and form become best buddies and start hatching a plan to crash the party.
Here’s the lowdown on the details:
– Double butted 4130 cromoly frame with boost spacing and clearance for 29×3.00. Internal dropper routing for 30.9 post. 2 x bottle cage mounts.
– Stooge Klunkpacker biplane fork, 110×15 thru-axle, triple cage mounts. 455 axle to crown, 57mm offset.
– Non suspension corrected with 1 1/8th headset, because 44mm headsets are wrong on skinny steel bikes.
– ONE SIZE: 18″ seat tube with 625mm ETT. 75mm BB drop, 450mm chainstays, 66 degree head angle with 57mm offset forks.
– Frameset includes: frame, fork, EBB insert, front and rear thru axles (allen key type), seat clamp, all mounting bolts.
The bike in the photos is the production sample that has been rattlecanned in red primer, which looks great but will rust like billyo with a Shropshire winter on its back, so the production frames will be available in 3 colours – Purple (Pantone 259C), Mustard (Pantone 111C) and Pale Teal (Pantone 5565C). All great colours and the result of many hours spent staring blindly through the bottom of a glass.
Price of these will be the same as the Scrambler, so £600. Postage anywhere in the world available at cost.
The pre-order for these means you pay a £50 deposit now and the rest when the frames are here. Please leave your colour choice in the ‘note’ section of the checkout. Prices for international postage are now set correctly at checkout, and it will charge you for postage at the deposit stage, but if you would just like to pay the deposit now and carriage later drop me a line via the contact page and i can send a Paypal invoice for the deposit only.